Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Overwhelmed

I am finally beginning to feel overwhelmed. I thought I could juggle the workload from my two classes, work, getting the kids to/from school, and getting them to/from their activities. Until last week it wasn't a big deal. I started off the first couple of weeks of school getting behind on paperwork at work. But I got into the swing of things. I managed to get caught up on paperwork (and a little ahead), homework was getting done on time, and the family wasn't complaining about the time I did spend on school work.

However I took a weekend off. I spent a weekend not doing anything work or school related and just spent the time hanging out with the family. Big mistake. Homework is still getting done (although to close to the deadline for me) but I am getting farther behind in my paperwork at work. I don't think it would have been so bad if state hadn't decided to change some of the rules/regulations. Because state said we now have to have an emergency disaster preparedness policy I am having to scramble at work to create one. I have no idea how to even begin to do it. When I mentioned it to the owner she said she would help me. I am still waiting on her at the same time I see the clock ticking down to the time that it is suppose to be done. I have been spending my free time at work trying to do research on how to create one. Google has become my new best friend. Looking at what I have accomplished now I think I am at least making progress on it. I will just be glad when this project is done. I think when it is complete and I can get back in my groove of paperwork for work and my school work I won't feel so overwhelmed anymore.

No comments: