Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Blue

Bluuuuuueeeeeee - What a nice calm relaxing color. When I think of the color I think of the sound machine I have in my room. I have a thing in my room that when it is turned on it makes the sound of the crashing waves. Blue I love this color. A nice crystal clear deep blue. It's the same color of my eyes. Growing up the only person that had blue eyes besides me was my grandpa. Now my husband and both my kids have blue eyes. My dad used to tease me when I was younger because the rest of my family has dark hair and brown eyes. I was the only blue eyed blond haired child in our family. Even all my cousins have brown eyes. I used to think that people with blue eyes were special. That's why only me and grandpa had them.

Some day I would love to see the ocean. My husband has seen it. He actually grew up close to it. He said it is a nice shade of blue. I'm hoping someday soon I will be able to see it. I would love to stand on the coast and feel the sun beating down on my back, feel the warm soft sand between my toes, and to see the cool blue ocean waves crash up on the beach and cool off my feet that are warm from the sand.

I painted my kitchen blue. When I told my husband that I was going to paint the kitchen blue he said absolutely not. Not the best thing to say to me. Cause guess what color my kitchen is?  BLUE It's a nice shade of blue. My kitchen is small so I painted it a nice light ice blue. My husband doesn't like it so he calls it white with a hint of blue. I call it ice blue. It's nice. It's a light enough color that it made the room seem larger but it's still a nice calming blue. I love to just sit in the kitchen and read a book while I am cooking dinner or doing my holiday baking.

No comments: