Friday, October 21, 2011

Board Games

I love board games. To me they are more fun than computer/electronic games. My favorite is Monopoly and Life. I love the game Life. Where else can you have six kids and you don't have to let them grow up, send them to college, or have them get married.? They just sit there in your little plastic car. LOL I think it's funny. Sometimes I wish my kids were as quiet as the little pink and blue pegs that I put in my little plastic cars. However, real life is nothing like that game. You actually have kids that talk (sometimes more than you want), bills to pay (besides the basic ones in the game), and curves that real life throws you. Because of the way the economy is now I wonder if they will redo that game. Maybe put in a space that says "Oops your job company went under so now you have to stand in line at the unemployment line", "Sorry you are no longer the bread winner; your wife now makes more than you; deal with it", or "Alcohol is not the way to live your life; you must now attend 3 months of AA meetings", "You and your spouse are now divorced; you only see your kids every other weekend." Wouldn't it be funny if that is some of what the game really says instead of the 1950's "perfect" life stuff the game really says? Another reason I like that game is you can roll the dice and pick a card and bam you now have a college education, with no extra work.

Monolopy is fun too. In the game I love taking risks and buying property, little green houses, big red hotels,and trying to make as much money as possible. In real life I am nothing like that. I want the security. I want to know that next month I will have enough money for whatever it is that I want. With Monolopy I don't have to worry about that.

1 comment:

Pyle Brothers Inc. said...

My 12 year old son loves Monopoly but I have not got the needed patience for the game. I did go and purchase one with the electronic money machine that is similar to the ATM. This helps a little but OI am still challenged with the time issue. Maybe I need to learn to slow down and take the time.