Friday, October 28, 2011

Mona Lisa with a gas mask

What a strange writing promt for us to write about. A picture of Mona Lisa wear a gas mask. This picture reminds me of movies where people think the world is ending, of old war photos, or "end of the world survival packs". This is so strange. I'm not even sure what to make of it. Why would someone even do this to a classic piece of art work? Not that I think the Mona Lisa is a beautiful piece of art anyway but it is a classic. I think it is one of the most recongizable piece of art work.

My favorite type of artwork is of beautiful scenery. My favorite artis is Thomas Kinkaid. I have some of his stuff in my house. Okay so only one thing is really his the others are copies. However, I think they are beautiful. One of my favorite is a white gazebo in a garden. The gazebo is round with tall white tillars. The room is a soft shade of blue. they are all different colors and kinds of flowers in bloom all around the gazebo. I have this paining hanging up in the middle of my kitchen wall. Another thing I have of his is a beautiful gold trimmed butterfly. The butterfly's wings are painted with his artwork.

The strap on the top of the gas mask on Mona Lisa looks like a latch. It reminds me of the kind you would see on a straight jacket. I find this fastener weird. Almost like it really doesn't belong.

No comments: