Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

This is my favorite holiday. I absolutely love it. I love dressing up as something completly different and acting the part for the day. It's not the candy that is my favorite part it is the dressing up. I do usually get funny stares and I have some people laugh because not very many adults dress up for Halloween. I love it. I wish Halloween came twice a year. I love Halloween because you can dress up and pretend to be something you are not. You can be something silly, scary, crazy, it doesn't matter. As long as you have fun. Yesterday we went to visit some family friends who wanted to see the kids in their costumes and I, for once, didn't dress up. The kids didn't know what to think. I have always dressed up with them on Halloween and the night before when we went visiting family and friends.

I have been a witch, both pretty and ugly (wart covered nose and all), a clown, a vampire, a ghost, a puppy, a big baby, a hippy, a bag lady, Raggety Ann, Pippy Longstocking, and a rock star. Those are just the costumes that I have worn in the last few years.

This year is a little sad for me. My twelve year old daughter told me that this year is the last year she is dressing up. I tried to talk her out of it saying I dress up every year but it didn't work. She said she is done. My eight year old son also told me that this year is his last year trick or treating. He said that next year he just wants to dress up and pass out candy at home. I knew, as a partent, that someday this day was going to come. Still it saddens me. It shows me that my babies are not really babies anymore. They are growing up. I don't like it. :( Oh well, that is life. We all grow and move on. Even though they are finished I will still continue to dress up and I will still continue to decorate my front yard.

No comments: