Friday, September 30, 2011

What's in the way?

What is in my way?????? I have to work today until 6 pm. Normally not a big deal but I have homework that is due Sunday. I would like to get it done today because the O'Reilly Street Machine Nationals is this weekend and I want to go. I will probably go anyway but then my homework will suffer some because I will be in a hurry. Also my family will suffer because beside the Street Machine Nationals I will not be able to spend anytime with them this weekend...I will be to busy doing homework. I wish I didn't have such a busy life so that so many things wouldn't be in the way of school. However, looking back I really don't think I would change much...okay I would change a few things but not a lot. I would really like to not be working and just focus my time on school while the kids are in school. I could take a couple of extra classes and get the classes done and the majority of all the school work done while they are in school. Then I would only have to spend one or two evenings on school work and I could spend more time with them. I could also finish school a LOT faster. Right now I should be graduate college at the same time my daughter graduates high school...not a fun idea when you think of it like that. But that is what happens when you can only take one to two classes per semester and none in the summer. Unfortunately, life throws us curves so I am not unlike many other college students in trying to balance it all. I'm not complaining really, although it feels like it, I'm just simply stating that work is in my way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mom was in your shoes about five years ago. She graduated with her bachelors degree the same year that my oldest sister graduated high school. That same sister is now 5 years out of high school and my mom is still working to get her masters degree. It will be well worth the time when she is finished. I am glad to hear that you didn't give up. Many people do.