Monday, September 5, 2011

A Perfect Weekend

This weekend has been absolutely wonderful. I left work Friday determined not to let a single thought of anything work related to even cross my mind for three whole days. If you know me you would know how difficult this is for me but I was determined. Today is Monday night and I would have to say that I was successful. I am so proud of myself.
Saturday was hot and miserable. I managed to drag myself out of my air-conditioned house to run errands. This was no fun. My errands took me all day to do and it was hot and miserable, to put it mildly...Saturday sucked.
Sunday was a perfect day. Sunday morning I got up and started prepping my house and lunch things because my husband and I decided to have a end of the summer barbeque at our house. I had my part of my family over for a barbeque in my backyard. There was my mom, dad, brother, his daughter, my sister, her boyfriend, her son, her newborn daughter, one of my cousins, my grandma, my husband, my son,  my daughter, and of course myself all hanging out in my backyard that afternoon. The food was wonderful and there was plenty of it. No one left my house that evening hungry. After we ate we all hung out playing games. The kids ran around the yard riding their bicycles, the dirt bikes, and jumping on the trampoline. The bigger kids, a.k.a. the grown-ups, played ring toss, bean bag toss, horseshoes, and other various yard games all afternoon. As we played we had to tease each other. We gave each other a hard time as to who was standing with their toes past the line for the tosses, who tossed underhand vs. overhand, and who had shorter arms so therefore had to step a little over the line to even the odds. It was all fun; everyone was always laughing. Finally the night was beginning and everyone left. My husband and I were just getting ready to lie on the couch to watch a movie when one of friends called to say his motorcycle broke down and he was stranded in Clinton and could we please come rescue him. We hooked up our motorcycle trailer and headed off to Clinton. We picked up our friend and his motorcycle then turned back around to head home. It was a long drive and an even longer evening. We couldn’t wait to get home and lie our heads down on our pillows. I think we were both asleep before you could count to ten.
Monday was another good day. We drove out to my parents’ house. Their house is out in the country, past Halltown, and about a thirty minute drive. We drove out there to visit and do some shooting. My husband, son, and I all went down to the shooting range and shot for about an hour. This is always something we love to do.
Now I am home sitting at the computer for a few minutes before heading off to bed. I suddenly had the urge to blog for a few minutes and tell a little about my weekend since to me this was a perfect weekend.

No comments: