Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I believe someday I will have my own daycare.

Someday I will own my own daycare. I will be my own boss. I will have the final decision on how the business is run.  Currently I am the director at a daycare center and I am unhappy there. I feel like the owner holds me back. The center could be so much more if she would just invest a little time and money into it. The way she talks and asks it is “why mess with something that is working”. Usually I follow that belief but what happened to making improvements. This is a tough business to run so why wouldn’t she want to strive to be the best. My work ethic and the owners’ vary greatly. I think that investing a little of the money they so lavishing spend on their family could be downgraded just a tad. Save a little of the money to invest back into the business. I think it would be wonderful to have my own center. I have the name picked out, the curriculum picked out, the staff picked out…the only thing holding me back is the money for the start up cost. I am working on it though. I have filled out the paperwork to receive a grant to help with the start up cost. Hopefully in another two years my husband and I will be set financially so that we are able to get a decent loan to begin the business. I know that I won’t cut some corners like she does. I have a very high work ethic so I know that I can do this. Since I am a director now there are very few things I will have to learn to become an owner. I cannot wait for this to happen. Downside to me opening my own…the owner of the place I’m at now is kind of my friend so she will feel like it is a betrayal if I leave her to open my own; especially because half of the staff have said that they will leave with me. So if any of them do leave she will be very upset with me and it could cost me our friendship. I believe so strongly in the fact that I will one day soon have my own center that this is a risk I am willing to take.

No comments: