Friday, September 23, 2011

My crazy morning

Today has not been a nice relaxing morning. This morning I took longer than normal getting ready so I left my house twenty minutes late. I get to the school to drop my son off, who is particapating in an "Schools Out Program" for the day, when the director asked me where my son's sack lunch is. In my head I thought 'damn, I knew I forgot something this morning'. I was to far from home to return to make him a lunch so I ran into the grocery store thinking a lunchable will be quick and fast. Turns out the grocery store is painting so it took longer than I thought to get through the store. Maybe going home would have been faster. I get his lunch and return to the school. The director says thank you and puts my son's name on the lunch. Then the director tells me that they can't find the form on him with all my contact information. So I have to fill out the information all over again. No big deal if I hadn't started my day off running behind. Okay now the paperwork is refilled out and I'm thinking okay maybe this day will turn around. I was wrong. I call in to work and tell them obvisiously I will not be in this morning. That bothers me. I had a list of things I was planning on getting done this morning. Now when I return to work on Monday I will be even farther behind. I head off to school only to stop at every single light, literally, between my son's school and OTC.  I didn't realilze that there where that many lights in Springfield until I couldn't make it through a single one. Now I'm sitting in class and when it's over I have to drive to the other side of town for a conference. Tomorrow I have to be up even earlier to return to the all day conference. You would think Saturdays are a day of relaxing and sleeping in but in my world they are not. Saturdays are my busiest day and the fact I have an all day conference that day just puts me farther behind in getting things done. (Big Sigh) Somethings it seems like I never get a day to just relax and do nothing.

No comments: