Friday, November 11, 2011

Multnomah Falls

I am writing about Multnomah Falls. This is a waterfall located in Oregon. I have never been there. My husband, my father-in-law, my brother-in-law, and my best friend have all been there. They have taken pictures of the waterfall. I have seen their beautiful scenic pictures. The place looks breathtaking. Every time I see a picture of it I instantly feel relaxed and stress free. I want to see this waterfall in person. I want to stand on the bridge overlooking the waterfall and feel the spray of the water on my face and arms. When I am stressed and feeling very upset about something I google Multnomah Falls and sit and look at pictures of it. A few times I have even lied in bed and asked my husband to describe it to me and then I fall asleep dreaming that I am there seeing the waterfall for myself. I want to go to Oregon someday. I want to see that waterfall in person. I have tried to save money for my husband, the kids, and I to go there. One time I was almost there on having enough money and then something happened and I had to spend the money to pay bills. I am still saving money to go there. Someday I am hoping to go there. I am praying that someday is not to far into the future. I want to go and see the waterfall while I am still young enough to walk around and enjoy the trip. Oregon has always been one of my dreams. While I am there visiting the waterfall I want to see the rest of Oregon.

I am not sure what else to write about regarding the waterfall. I can't describe it because I have never seen it for myself. I also don't know anything about it. The only thing I know about it is the few things my family and friends have told me about it. However, that is not the same thing as experiencing it for yourself. Someday I will go; until I will just daydream about the place. I hope that when I do finally get to visit that the place doesn't let me down; I want it to live up to my expectations of what the place is really like.

How can you describe a place you have never been? Imagination here I come...

Smell:  I'm unsure what to describe here. I have never been there. I would imagine that you could smell the many different perfumes/cologne of the people walking on the bridge along with you. I'm sure their scents would overwhelm you but because of the open air and gentle breeze the scents of their perfume/cologne would be carried away with the breeze. I imagine that you could smell the trees; their woodsy sent.

Touch: The feel of the gentle breeze, the fine mist of water that gentle touches your skin, the feel of the hard wood of the bridge under your feet, the feel of the railing under your hand, the not so gentle push of people on the crowded bridge with you, feel the warmth from the sun

Hear: the clicking of tourist cameras, the many different conversations of the other people on the bridge blending together in an inharmonious song, the sound of the water crashing down,  the rustling of the trees and their branches as they sway in the breeze, the many foot steps across the bridge

Taste: I have absolutely no idea what you can taste standing on a bridge overlooking a massive waterfall. Again and again I repeat the same quesion over and over in my head. I am standing on the bridge overlooking Multnomah Falls and I can taste...what? Nothing has come to mind on this topic.

See: the green leaves of the trees, see the white/blue of the water, the many different people on the bridge (different genders, sizes, races, haircuts, clothes, mannerism), see the steel bridge under my feet and on the railing under my hand, the brightness from the sun, see the gray rocks on the bluff (playing peek a boo with the green from ? {the trees/moss/what})

1 comment:

Sam Pyle said...

I would love to know where this waterfall is located. My oldest son moved to Portland a year ago and it would be neat to hike there with him. It sounds like a great place!