Thursday, March 1, 2012

Update on my new determined adventure

I am going to open my own daycare! This is my new chant. I keep hoping that if I continue to repeat this to myself, numerous times, every day it will come true. I know that I need to exercise determination and hard work to accomplish this goal. And oh boy have I been doing a lot of hard work for this. I knew it was going to be a lot of work but I didn't quiet grasp the concept of exactly how much work would be involved. Needless to say I am shocked. Even though the amount of work has thrown me for a loop I am not going to deter from my goal. Every night after the kids are in bed and homework is done I spend a few minutes working on getting my own place up and running.

I have accomplished a few things. I have created my employee handbook, business expense report, business brochure, business cards, job descriptions, and job application. I am almost finished with the initial start up cost supply/equipment list. After I finish a few more things I can create my business plan. Once the business plan is complete I can begin submitting applications for loans and looking for a building.

Once I have a loan secured and a location picked out I can then begin opening my own center and turn in my notice to my current job. I cannot wait til I am standing in the doorway of Joey's Kids and smiling and greeting the parents with their children as they walk into my facility. I will stand proud and tall as I greet everyone entering my building because I will know deep down the amount of hard work that was required to make my dream a reality and that I am lucky enough to do what I love.

No comments: